Tuesday, June 18, 2013

THIS IS THE END - Review

This Is The End

Comedy, 2013
1 hour 46 minutes
Written and Directed by Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen
Rated R

Starring
Seth Rogen
Jay Baruchel
James Franco
Jonah Hill
Craig Robinson
Danny McBride
Emma Watson
Michael Cera

"James Franco didn't suck any dick last night? Now I KNOW ya'll are trippin."

I remember watching the trailer to This is the End and I really expected it to not be that funny. Holy fuck was I wrong. This movie is fantastic, and I really don't have a ton to say about it just because it's so funny.
Basically, Jay Baruchel and Seth Rogen go to a party at James Franco's house. Soon, the end of the world happens. People get sucked up into the sky, sinkholes open up in the ground, and everything goes to shit. So Rogen, Baruchel, Jonah Hill, and Craig Robinson all hide out in James Franco's place. Even Danny McBride shows up to basically act like a prick, just like he does in all of his movies.
Probably the best part about this movie is that the actors play highly exaggerated versions of themselves, particularly Danny McBride, who is just constantly a piece of shit towards everyone in the house...exactly like he is in most of the movies that I've seen him in.
The only negative thing that I have to say about this movie is that the finale is a mixed bag. On one hand, it makes sense in context, but on the other, it seems kind of like a cop-out. Maybe I'm just being a little harsh, but really, I don't quite know if I like it or not.
This is the End isn't just the funniest movie of the year thus far, but it's one of the best movies of the year as of right now.

9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment