Sunday, July 21, 2013

DESPICABLE ME 2 - Review

Despicable Me 2

Animation, 2013
1 hour, 38 minutes
Written by Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio
Directed by Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud
Rated PG

Starring
Steve Carell
Kristen Wiig
Benjamin Bratt
Miranda Cosgrove
Russell Brand
Steve Coogan
Ken Jeong



I was never really a big fan of Despicable Me. Surprisingly, a lot of people find this hard to believe. The concept was kind of interesting, but it was too... slap-sticky for my taste. You know, kid stuff. The only non-Pixar CG movie that I like is How to Train Your Dragon. That was original. Different. If you had told me that it was made by Pixar I would've believed you.
But not Despicable Me 2. Yeah, the voice work is fine and the animation is colorful and there was one moment in particular that had me laughing pretty hard. But otherwise, I just didn't care. Kids will definitely get a kick out of it, but there isn't a ton for adults.
And don't get me started on those minions. They're good for marketing, but they actually have an important role in the movie. Which is annoying because for the most part they drive me insane.
But let's be real. It's pretty creative. Some of the stuff they come up with is kinda clever... that being I just didn't like it. I hate when I walk out of a movie and say that I disliked it without having any good reason. It just isn't the kind of movie that I care about, and that's just how it is.

I swear to god I have nothing else to say. Other than good voice acting and solid animation, I just didn't really care for it. Personal preference or whatever.

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment