Thursday, December 06, 2012

Where All the Reviews At?

This upcoming week is finals week and I have a lot of shit to get done, so I've been in work mode for the last few days and I haven't actually gotten to watch any movies.
But fear not, readers! Winter break is coming up, which means I'll have SIX FUCKIN' WEEKS to watch as many movies as I can and write reviews on the new and notable.
On another note, early award results are coming in, with Zero Dark Thirty picking up Best Picture from both New York Critics Circle and the National Board of Review. Silver Linings Playbook and Beasts of the Southern Wild aren't doing so bad themselves either.
So where are these reviews?
I'll fuckin' get to them. I got six weeks, I'll get to them as soon as I can. In that time, I'll do my best to get to:
Life of Pi
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Silver Linings Playbook
Argo
Django Unchained
Zero Dark Thirty
Les Miserables
This is 40
Jack Reacher
Hyde Park on Hudson

I can't guarantee all of those, but we'll definitely get to most of them.


On another note, the first teaser for Star Trek Into Darkness was released yesterday. Although I'm definitely more of a Star Wars guy, I absolutely LOVED the 2009 reboot. It's easily one of the best science fiction movies in the past couple of decades, and the Trekkies seem to love it as well. So you can imagine how excited I am for this new one.
Benedict Cumberbatch of Sherlock fame plays the currently unnamed villain. And it looks amazing.
Keep in mind that the trailer above is the Japanese teaser. I post this in particular because it has a wee bit of extra footage, just ignore the subtitles. If you want the non-Japanese trailer, click here.

I don't have much else to say today. Once finals come to an end and I'll be able to watch more movies then we'll get to some more reviews.

Finally, I just want to thank people for reading these. I only started doing this just in my spare time as something fun to do, and even though I only get a handful of people who read each of them I appreciate you taking the time to do so.
So that's that.
If you're currently in the midst of studying for finals, then I wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,
-Josh Weitzel

No comments:

Post a Comment